Innsbruck, the capital city of Tyrol, is a scenic town located in the heart of the Austrian Alps. Its best-known attractions include the Golden Roof, the Nordkette mountain range with its Seegrube and Haferlekar stations, and the Ambras Castle.
WEIS will be held at:
Hotel Grauer Bär
During the conference days, the organizers will respond to participants calling phone # +43 677 627 576 79.
Getting to Innsbruck by plane
- Innsbruck Airport (INN): The city airport is located in the western edge of Innsbruck and is directly connected to the city center by the IVB bus line F (12 minutes) and taxis. Daily flights operate to several international destinations, such as Frankfurt, London, Amsterdam, and Vienna.
- Munich Airport (MUC): Direct connections to Innsbruck are possible by bus, train, or car in a timeframe of 2-2.30 hours. Daily international flights connect Munich to worldwide destinations including North America and Asia.
Getting to Innsbruck by train
Innsbruck is located on a main European railway axis. Direct connections are possible from/to
- Austria: Vienna, Salzburg, Bregenz
- Germany: Munich, Frankfurt, Stuttgart, Berlin
- Italy: Verona, Bologna, Venezia
- Switzerland: Zurich
We recommend the website of Deutsche Bahn for connection and timetable inquiries, although tickets might have to be purchased from the Austrian, Italian or Swiss train services if the connection does not touch Germany.
Getting to Innsbruck by car
Please note that a “Vignette” (toll sticker) is required for driving on Austrian highways (Autobahn). A 10-day sticker costs around € 9. More information can be found here.
Innsbruck is located at the intersection of two major European traffic links:
- Autobahn A12: from the West (Voralberg, Switzerland) and the East (Munich, Salzburg, Vienna)
- Autobahn A13: from the South, continuing the Italian A22 highway. From the border until the Innsbruck-Süd exit the Vignette is not necessary, but a toll is applied; after Innsbruck-Süd, the Vignette is needed.
The conference hotel holds a room block for participants at negotiated rates:
- Single room incl. breakfast, € 98 per night
- Double room incl. breakfast, € 138 per night
Use this form to make a reservation at the conference hotel. The cutoff date for this hotel has been extended to April 6, 2018.
Alternatively, Hotel Central is located at less than 10 minutes walking distance from the conference venue. The hotel offers additional capacity at a negotiated rate:
- Double room for single use incl. breakfast, € 103 per night
Reservations at the alternative hotel can be made by email to email@example.com with reference to “WEIS”. The cutoff date for this hotel is April 20, 2018.
Academic Security Research Event
Consider attending the 6th ACM Workshop on Information Hiding and Multimedia Security (IH&MMSec), which follows directly after WEIS on June 20–22, 2018.
Innsbruck will be the host city of an international freestyle mountainbike competition just before WEIS on June 13-17, 2018. It’s worth watching if you are around.